Safe Quality Foods
Leadership in quality and food safety is a top priority for us:
- Each team member is responsible for ensuring that the fresh products we package are safe and of good quality.
- Our senior leadership team and business managers provide the resources necessary to implement and maintain quality systems, food safety plans, training systems, and continuous improvement processes.
Evergreen Packaging Quality Policy
We will produce safe, quality products that comply with all applicable federal and state regulatory laws and guidelines. Compliance will be assured by internal and external stakeholders, third-party audits, and product testing.
We will achieve and maintain SQF Level 2 Certification at all converting facilities in North America.
We will implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements. We will provide a tool for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging, and we will standardize quality test procedures and provide interpretation of results throughout the division. We will create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
We will provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed-upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
We will involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- The senior leadership team and business managers are responsible for providing resources and tools necessary for the development and implementation of quality and food safety systems.
- Team leaders at every level are responsible for leading quality-improvement activities within their respective organizations. The business managers provide leadership and direction for achieving quality improvement by interpreting policy, recommending strategies, organizing resources, and assisting leaders in the development and implementation of improvement plans.
- All team members and team leaders are responsible for ensuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all applicable governmental regulations and guidelines.
- All team members are responsible for the quality of their own work and that of their team. For example, team members in manufacturing areas must ensure conformance to agreed-upon product specifications that meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
- All team members, team leaders, and visitors to a manufacturing facility are responsible for compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans, and applicable regulations and guidelines.