A technical path at Evergreen Packaging can really take you places. It all starts at our mills where our paper and paperboard are manufactured.
Technical Careers at Our Mills
Our mills are unique because:
- Both our mills are FSSC 22000 certified: That means we maintain a high level of food-grade hygiene throughout our facilities.
- We’re our own largest customer: Because the vast majority of liquid packaging board is sold to Evergreen Packaging’s own converting facilities, maintaining quality is critical. This integration also offers unique collaboration opportunities for developing new products and fostering continuous improvement.
- We manufacture diverse products: Within each mill we manufacture paper and paperboard, food-grade and non-food-grade products. Our diversity of products offers a diversity of challenges and skills development for our technical team.
- World Class Safety: Safety is our number one priority at Evergreen Packaging. Our mills actively participate in Evergreen Packaging’s Target Zero safety initiative and typically maintain an annual Total Incidence Rate (TIR) of under 1, which is considered world-class.
- Commitment to Quality: Both our mills are FSSC 22000 certified, adhering to stringent food-grade hygiene standards. They operate within a culture of continuous improvement, employing Manufacturing Excellence principles and engaging their entire workforce.
- Focus on Sustainability: To support Evergreen Packaging’s commitment to responsible forestry, the mills maintain three forestry certifications which depend on third party audits: Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®), Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C016043) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC™). The mills also generate about 50% of their energy from utilizing biomass from the papermaking process.
Build Your Career Intentionally
We offer the opportunity to build your career step-by-step with the support of some of the best professionals in the industry. Whatever your career stage, you’ll have:
- Hands-on learning
- Daily collaboration with subject matter experts
- Career development and certification options
- An atmosphere where questions and new ideas are encouraged
Interested in an Internship?
We frequently offer high school internships and summer college internships at both of our mills. We are committed to providing valuable work experience that includes hands-on learning and mentorship from subject matter experts.