Chip Mill Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pioneer, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Conduct operation of chip mill to facilitate the purchase and delivery of pulpwood and logs to company facilities, including the dealing with independent wood suppliers/loggers. The chip mill technician is a team member that helps process the tree length timber into chips and loads the chips for transports to facilities via truck and rail. Task include but not limited to:
- Assume pro-active role in the Facility Safety program.
- Weigh/scale trucks as required for rotation or substitution
- Maintain reports / records on computer equipment as required
- Operate crane to unload wood from trucks into debarking drum or storage.
- Operate Chip Quality equipment as required.
- Operate the chipping station to control wood flow rate and direct product to
appropriate loading station.
- Operate self-propelled knuckleboom loader and other wood handling equipment
- Operate front end loader, backhoe, man-lift, rail car spotter, and any other equipment
- Operate rail car puller to position rail cars for loading.
- Operate tractor-trailer truck to spot trailers for loading.
- Operate utility vehicles to perform clean-up duties.
- Conduct routine and preventive maintenance procedures on all mill processing equipment.
- Perform downtime maintenance repairs.
- Grind, prepare and change chipper knives.
- Complete maintenance and inspection reports.
- Perform clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Work safely; follow safety rules, wear all safety PPE
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability or commensurate experience to operate and maintain equipment which may
include but is not limited to log crane, chipper control station, knuckleboom loader, utility tractor, on-site tractor-trailer, dump truck, rail loading equipment, wheel loader, and any other log handling or processing equipment as
- Perform Maintenance and Repair Activities: Demonstrated ability to safely and professionally perform mechanical repairs on mill line components, processing equipment, and any other as required.,
- Execute safe and proficient use of hand and power tools.
- Perform as an engaged team member within a team framework.
- Employ interpersonal skills that enhance the “team” approach to work and problem solving.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.