Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
We are looking for a key strategic team member who can help us utilize the extraordinary strengths of highly talented Evergreen Packaging associates who support our world-class customers, retailers and eco-conscious consumers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and have demonstrated strong financial capabilities needed to partner with Evergreen Packaging’s corporate leaders, team members and North American Operations.
The Corporate Controller has overall responsibility for the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements, serves as primary liaison with the parent company in order to satisfy monthly and quarterly reporting obligations and is a key partner to the business leaders in driving results.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Partner closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other business leaders to drive results - this includes proactively analyzing costs to illuminate financial opportunities within the business and driving fiscal accountability throughout the organization
- Proactively identify opportunities to provide financial support to Commercial and Operational leaders to ensure sound business decisions are made
- Analyze financial statements including P &L, balance sheet and working capital to identify opportunities to improve the business.
- Lead continuous process assessments to identify opportunities to be more efficient, eliminate waste or redundancy
- Responsible for the accuracy of financials, timeliness of close and subsequent reporting to our parent company
- Lead general corporate accounting team
- Liaise with parent company financial reporting team to ensure timely and accurate compliance with monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Lead implementations of any new accounting standards and new account reconciliation software
- Leads internal balance sheet review and internal / external audit support
- Responsible for the internal control structure, including design and development of controls and ensuring any identified weaknesses are remediated timely
- Provide accounting impact / guidance for any unusual transactions
- Responsible for development of, and compliance with, policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of management experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with major ERP, SAP experience a plus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a confident communicator (including both written and verbal) and the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization; strong executive presence required.
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with strong ability to influence and drive results in a large organization. Strong project management skills required for success.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Finance Professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful partner to the leadership team providing counsel and advice. Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and record keeping.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- High integrity and ability to build trusting relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a global mindset and ability to flex and adapt style as needed.
- High sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational astuteness.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.