Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 6/21/2019
Manage and lead the hourly vibration and lubrication team employees to meet the reliability, safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals for the mill. This position is responsible for identifying, implementing, and communicating efforts towards improving equipment reliability that will ensure uninterrupted and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and through leadership instill an employee involved safety approach.
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the vibration and lubrication employees engaged in maintenance activities in the department.
- Insure that hourly maintenance employees are trained, knowledgeable and that they adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution and contract language. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Drive continuous improvement through reliability efforts, auditing, and root cause failure analysis.
- Manage timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and other activities as they arise.
- Develop operating, process, and reliability improvements through innovation.
- Manage and coordinate project work involving external contractors.
- Generate clear improvement action plans with target dates for completion based on internal and external audits
- Develop, formalize, and implement best practices for oil sampling, lubricant handling, storage, etc.
- Develop and report on KPIs related to lubrication and vibration trends
- Track lubrication related failures and missed opportunities for issues identified by vibration team
- Investigate opportunities for lubrication system upgrades and provide return on investment estimates
- Review exception reporting from operator basic care rounds.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Must have a technical 4 year degree - BSME or BSEE preferred or five years of related experience.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office applications and use of Internet to search.
- Working knowledge of Results Oriented Reliability and Maintenance Programs
- Prior supervisory experience with an hourly work force in a union work environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP maintenance workflow software or similar.
- Working knowledge of PI and/or Process Book for operational monitoring and equipment troubleshooting.
- Understanding of vibration data
- Understanding of lubrication system design
- Working knowledge of Paper Mill equipment and processes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.