Field Support Representative
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
REGION: Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, and Montana
CAN LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE REGION
The Technical Service Representative provides technical service and support for Evergreen’s carton customers. This includes but is not limited to; Daily customer visits, Carton and Machines inspections, Training customers on both carton and machine, and general advising/ assistance on all Evergreen offers.
Conducts/controls service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support while meeting the goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
- Communicates well with customers, management, and other departments.
- Provides learning experiences for both customer and Evergreen’s plant personnel on machine operation and/or carton performance.
- Learns and grows skill sets and competencies to achieve both business and personal development objectives.
- Meets corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
- Performs the job safely within an environment, which the technician does not control.
- Wear appropriate required safety gear.
- Attend work regularly and reliably.
- Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role.
- Use of appropriate PPE: approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
- Tools and Equipment: Various writing utensils, radios, phone, computer, printers, fax machines, calculators, various computer software required for specific roles.
- Strong mechanical skills and technical knowledge.
- Good people skills with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Self-driven to work alone and in teams, when needed.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time away from home, when needed
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel 75% of the time.
- Physical Demands:
- Frequently Standing for long periods of time on level concrete surfaces
- Walking on level concrete surfaces
- Lifting with one or two hands and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Climbing some steps and levels in building office areas and manufacturing facilities
- Grasping: computer mouse, door handles, file cabinet drawer pulls, tools, and luggage
- Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
- Driving for 1-6 hours to reach customer’s facility
- Experience in packaging equipment or equivalent in dairy/juice industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.