Process Control Engineer Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 7/3/2019
This position is one of five at this mill that are responsible for the availability and functionality of the
process control systems for an assigned section of the plant. These engineers implement and maintain all functions of the control systems for the process to achieve process availability, cost and functionality goals.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain and improve control system performance for a process area.
- Implement and maintain all functions of the Distributed Control Systems and other control systems for the process area.
- Control loop performance analysis, loop tuning and optimization, control system design, configuration, and documentation.
- Support the maintenance department in troubleshooting and correcting instrumentation and/or control problems.
- Work in conjunction with production, maintenance, and engineering in the development and implementation of new control strategies.
- Participate in call rotation for mill wide Process Control systems.
- Routine reporting will be required against plans and targets, as well as special reports for non-typical events.
- Manage the environmental, safety and health elements needed to meet subject facility policy and targets.
- Daily ensure that assigned control systems/web inspection systems are fully functional.
Resolve any errors or failures either personally or by engaging and overseeing other parties as needed.
- Make system backups on a routine basis.
- Make system modifications as required for the implementation of new control strategies.
- Monitor control loop performance, tune loops, and continually work to reduce control loop variability.
- Participate in daily operational meetings with production and other groups to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Initiate, direct or promote any modifications to control systems that would improve reliability or cost effectiveness of paper manufacturing areas.
- Develop plans for personal growth and improved job performance for self.
- Develop long -term strategies for subject area manufacturing and maintenance organization to align with future goals of the business.
- Promote and create alignment of group and personal goals with the mill and business.
- Daily demonstrate the ability to adapt and overcome obstacles to meeting targets and goals.
- To be effective this person should have a sound base of knowledge and 3-5 years experience in process control of paper mills or a similar industry.
- Candidate should demonstrate good technical savvy in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of control systems. Cognex Web Inspection Systems, APACS and/or DeltaV experience highly desired.
- The candidate should have strong analytical and problem solving skills which are demonstrated in personal work history.
- The candidate should have a BS Engineering degree. BS IT degree with process control
- The job requires significant time in the field observing the process and understanding how it is currently controlled to ensure area reliability.
- The candidate will need to be able to work well and collaborate effectively with a broad set of people regardless of position level or skill set.
- The candidate will need to have strong drive and ability to adapt and overcome challenges in order to meet targets.
- A strong aptitude for continued learning and personal growth will be a requirement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.