Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Responsible for the supervision of hourly employees in order to meet the safety, environmental compliance, quality, waste minimization and productivity, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. Provide direction and leadership of one assigned shift of hourly employees in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
This position has direct responsibility for building, documenting and implementing standard work certification processes; has direct and meaningful impact on the systems and framework through which employees work and make better decisions.
This position is also responsible for overseeing employee training, enforcing all rules, policies and procedures, recommending and applying disciplinary action when required, verifying and approving work hours and pay rate utilizing Kronos timekeeping systems.
The successful candidate must project to promote 1-2 positions above this position in the future.
Specific Job Activities:
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
- Work with other departments, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
- heck work areas for safety hazards; conduct weekly safety meetings with department employees.
- Communicate the status of orders schedule
- Organize departmental clean-ups
- Communicate with Quality Assurance Manager concerning all issues affecting quality.
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all requirements of SQF Code 2000 are being administered and adhered to.
- Implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements; provide tools for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging; standardize quality test procedures and interpretation of results throughout the division; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Leading quality improvement activities within their respective organizations.
- Responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all applicable federal, state, and international laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Responsible for compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans and all applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Strong people skills with ability to follow through on assignments with little or no supervision.
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must be an effective communicator and have the ability to coach and motivate employees into taking ownership and accountability in a team environment
- Strong Safety Commitment.
- B.S. required. Mechanical engineering preferred, we will consider B.S. in electrical, chemical or industrial.
- 1-3 years of hands-on manufacturing experience as an intern or full time employee for a manufacturing company.
- Experience in Flexographic or Process Printing strongly preferred but not required.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.