Job Type: Full-time
Location: Olmsted Falls, OH
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Responsible for the timely shipment of finished products and completion of shipping documents in order to meet customer requirements. This includes the preparation of bills of lading for all shipments leaving via truck and railcar, verification that orders were pulled correctly and that orders are complete, and coordination with production, sales, and the logistics vendor concerning any problems that may be encountered. Overtime and weekend work is required.
Specific Job Activities:
· Responsible for effective communications with productions, sales and the logistics company to assure loads are properly shipped on time. Assist Crew Leaders with locating loads in warehouse.
· Monitor inventory and hot sheet for production needed to fill orders, communicate with supervisors and sales department on any problems.
· Assign DO’s (Delivery Order #’s) to all new Sales Orders.
· Greet drivers and check on the load drivers are picking up and assign loading dock. Make sure drivers are not on the dock to insure their safety. Make sure trailers are acceptable for shipping our products.
· Pick FNGD tickets to orders and release from sorting into the computer. Receive interplant shipments; verify packing list matched what was unloaded. Insure all loads have tickets scanned into the CIM / SAP system. Combine tickets and correct any inaccuracies.
· Prepare bill of lading for all shipments leaving via truck and railcar.
· Fax all necessary packing slips to customers
· Preparing next day shipments and making sure all load are on the line up sheet from logistics company. Fill out logbook for future shipments. Run reports to fax to logistics company. Make sure Warehouse Team is staging the next days shipments and that all loads are allocated to correct orders and assigned to staging lanes.
· Fax all necessary packing slips to customers.
· File all paperwork according to our Paper Retention Policy. Prepare shipment tracker report.
· Check all receivables to ensure Packing Lists are accurate.
· Post all receivables in SAP and deliver paperwork to Purchasing and Accounting.
· Assist Operations Manager with ordering pallets.
· Assist Operations Manager scheduling outbound scrap shipments.
· Bill out all scrap shipments.
· Assist ordering and releasing rail cars.
· Set delivery appointments for inbound freight.
· Order trash compactor changes as needed.
General knowledge of shipping department procedures
General knowledge of production process
Ability to type accurately
Good oral/written communication skills
Computer literate (Word/Excel)
AA degree (specify type: Transportation, Logistics Management, or related field) – Desired
The Shipping Warehouse Supervisor will assume this role during vacancies.
All team members and Team Leaders are responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all applicable governmental regulations and guidelines.
All team members are responsible for the quality of their own work and that of their team. For example, team members in manufacturing areas must assure conformance to agreed-upon product specifications that meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
All team members, Team Leaders and visitors to a manufacturing facility are responsible for compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans and all applicable regulations and guidelines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Video: Join Our Team