Job Type: Full-time
Location: Olmsted Falls, OH
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Responsible for leading hourly employees on shift in order to meet the safety, environmental compliance, quality, scrap minimization and productivity, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. This Team Leader position is a preferred precursor to further manufacturing leadership assignments up through and including Plant Manager.
The position has direct responsibility for building, documenting and implementing standard work certification processes and other elements of Work System Enhancements (WSE); has direct and meaningful impact on the systems and frameworks through which our employees work and make business decisions.
This position is also responsible for contract interpretation in union facilities, overseeing employee training, enforcing all rules, policies and procedures recommending disciplinary action when required, verifying and approving work hours and pay rates or Kronos timekeeping systems.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Verify and approve work hours and pay rates utilizing the Kronos timekeeping systems.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
- Work with other departments, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
- Check work areas for safety hazards; conduct weekly safety meetings with department employees.
- Communicate the status of orders schedule.
- Organize departmental clean-ups.
- Communicate with Quality Assurance Manager concerning all issues affecting quality (side seams, skiving issues, mixed loads, etc.).
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all requirements of Safe Quality Food Code 2000 (SQF) are being administered and adhered to.
- Implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements; provide tools for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging; standardize quality test procedures and interpretation of results throughout the division; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Leading quality improvement activities within their respective organizations.
- Responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all applicable federal, state, and international laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Responsible for compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans and all applicable regulations and guidelines.
- B.S. in Engineering or Technical Degree preferred
- 3+ years Manufacturing experience
- Experience in Flexographic or Process Printing preferred
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Results driven
- High energy
- Organizational design, LEAN and Business planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Initiate and manage change
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations within a metrics driven environment
- Must have an intense curiosity in not just manufacturing processes, but also in understanding and action upon the process of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Strong technical skills (MS Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Food Safety Requirements
- Ability to interpret and administer SQF Code 2000
- Must have a thorough understanding and practical experience utilizing 5S methodology
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.