Accounting Manager, North America
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Accounting Manager is directly responsible leading Division accounting tasks for North American Packaging including consolidating actual results, forecast, and budget across multiple plants and legal entities (cost per ton, income statement, working capital, board requirements, etc.), forecasting sales, standard cost of sales, absorption, preparing sales related financial variance analysis (price, volume, mix), annual standard cost updates, rebate management and reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, customer profitability analysis, sales reporting support, and various ad hoc projects. This position also leads all accounting and finance related activities associated with the spout business. Reports and analysis utilizing this information are used by upper management for business planning and analysis.
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Variance Analysis. This position is directly responsible for calculating and communicating to multiple locations net sales, standard cost of sales absorption forecasts, and preparing sales related variance analysis (price, volume, mix). This position also coordinates the development and consolidation of all budget, forecast, and actual financial and operations information, generating Division financial statements, and operations reports, along with consolidated variance analysis for the entire Division.
- Spout Business. Directly responsible for all budgeting, forecasting, actual reporting, accounting, and internal controls for the North American spout business which generates $45 plus million in annual sales and $10 plus million in EBITDA.
- Product costing. Manages the development and implementation of annual frozen product cost for the Division with an overall cost of $500 plus million
- Fixed Asset Accounting. Reasonable for managing asset transactions (additions, disposals, and depreciation) and the associated subsidiary ledger for a net fixed asset base of $45 plus million
- Lease Accounting. Reasonable for managing asset transactions (additions, termination, interest expense, and depreciation) and the associated subsidiary ledger leased assets totaling $2 plus million.
- Rebate Management. Manages all accounting and remittance activates associated with $70 million plus annually in customer rebates.
- Internal Control – Directly responsible for audits and analysis of spout location internal controls. Provides oversight and support of affective e internal controls for all converting locations. Available to assist EPI with internal audits of other locations as required
- Variance Analysis. Review, report, and investigate unusual variances (sales price, purchase price, efficiency, usage, utilizations, spending, etc.
- Customer Profitability. Provide margin information and trends to support pricing scenarios and customer profitability analysis.
- Actively involved in all budgeting and forecasting supporting locations and leading Division activities
- Backup to Division Controller, Regional Controller, Plant Controller, and Financial Analyst(s)
- The direct and indirect headcount reporting to this position is a team of up to 25 employees.
Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles, IFRS guidelines, cost accounting and experience with drafting and implementing internal controls.
- 4 year degree in accounting is required. MBA preferred, with 5-7 years of experience in a leadership/managerial role with a fully functional accounting department. Experience with multi-location reporting also required.
- Strong planning and organization skills needed due to the multiple requirements of the reporting locations.
- This manager must have demonstrated skills as a leader and team builder with internal as well as external associates along with the ability to interact comfortably with customers.
- Strong written, face to face, meeting, telephone, and electronic communication skills are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, maral status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.