Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 9/6/2019
- Works to provide timely and accurate financial reporting to departmental managers as well as Corporate Accounting.
- Works with and assists assigned areas in financial management.
- Automates current departmental reporting activities.
- Provides quality financial information and understands key mill drivers to facilitate sound business decisions.
- Develops, analyzes and interprets financial information to monitor performance for specific areas and departments.
- Works to improve and safeguard mill accounting controls.
- Participates in monthly and annual financial closing process. Preparation of the location's annual operating plan.
- Provide timely, quality financial information to the mill that supports operations.
- Monitors mill and departmental costs.
- Reports on trends and investigates exceptions.
- Provides timely, quality financial information to the mill that supports operations.
- Works to identify reporting needs and efficiencies then implements reporting changes to meet those criteria.
- Completes ad-hoc business analysis that assists to develop business direction.
- Insures internal control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develops monthly profit forecasting by soliciting input from operating areas.
- Verify physical existence and set valuation of inventories.
- Must have a B.S. degree - Major in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance. Master’s degree or CPA preferred.
- Prefer two to six years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus
- Programming skills a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter - quick learner
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.