Job Type: Full-time
Location: Olmsted Falls, OH
Post Date: 9/30/2019
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for assisting with the development of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventative and predictive maintenance. This individual will work directly with the Maintenance Team Leader to build a reliable and effective Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and maintenance team. The Planner will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks.
This person needs a complete understanding of the Parts Inventory function, inventory management and parts distribution. This role serves as the central point of contact for all maintenance reliability systems. This position is expected to lead and participate in Plant level Continuous Improvement, Lean, Root Cause Analysis and Six Sigma projects when applicable.
- Support the initial design and implementation of the SAP Plant Maintenance, CMMS module, at Plant City.
- Demonstrate Enterprise asset management (EAM) proficiency utilizing the Materials Management and Maintenance modules of the CMMS.
- Generate and analyze key performance indicator reports (i.e. due-in, past-due, mean time between failures etc.).
- Convert work requests to work orders in CMMS/EAM system.
- Update equipment history and other pertinent information.
- Continuously improve the preventative and predictive maintenance activities by utilizing key performance indicators as well as work order and customer feedback.
- Approving and prioritizing new work order requests. Analyze work order feedback.
- Ensure accuracy of the information on the new work requests before the request is converted to a work order.
- Use historical data to estimate labor hours needed to perform the work.
- Drive high service level in support of planned and scheduled maintenance work.
- Plan jobs and create required job information packages for scheduled work.
- Prepare and communicate job planning packages for scheduled jobs to all involved and affected.
- Determine actual sequence of work (i.e. prep work, lock-out, burn and confined space permits required, job steps and necessary follow-up).
- Facilitate the weekly scheduling meeting to jointly review/approve the weekly schedule with the Department Managers, Maintenance Manager and Production Planner.
- Audit job sites to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinate and follow-up delivery of special equipment needed from vendors.
- Exchange common planning information with Planners from other facilities.
- Provide support by contacting vendors concerning cost and availability of parts.
- Arrange support personnel, contractors and equipment as needed for the next week's scheduled jobs.
- Provide information to update drawings, parts lists and job steps when necessary.
- Establish and maintain an effective Master Maintenance Schedule for preventative and predictive maintenance activities (PPM).
- Input/update asset information in CMMS/EAM system (i.e. vendor information, price, equipment hierarchy, PO#, store room location and any other information that may not have already been captured).
- Allocate/reserve stock parts for scheduled jobs in CMMS/EAM system.
- Communicate specific requirements to "reserve", "stage" and "deliver" materials to coincide with scheduled maintenance work.
- B.S. in Engineering; preference will be given to mechanical engineering
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of plant equipment and processes
- Demonstrate proficiency using AutoCAD
- Experience in use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Practical knowledge of mechanical/electrical systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.