North American Packaging Operations Controller
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 10/14/2019
The converting Operations Controller manages all aspects of finance and accounting for the Athens facility and oversees, reviews and manages other converting plants’ finance and accounting functions. The Controller is an active member of the Athens management team and is expected to lead and support all aspects of facility operations and provides support as needed to the management teams of the other converting locations and senior management.
The direct headcount reporting to this position is a team of up to 10 employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Athens Finance Department’s day to day activities, ensuring all team members are executing their responsibilities professionally, accurately, and efficiently
- Oversight, review, and manage other plant controllers’ and accountants’ key duties (Financial Planning, Budgeting/Forecasting, General Ledger, Internal / External Auditing, Working Capital Management, Research & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Cost Accounting, Capital Planning and Appropriation, Business Guidance, etc.)
- Prepare the businesses’ annual budgets and oversee financial reports from accounting team(s) in order to confirm precise reviews of the businesses’ current and projected financial position, ensuring the integrity of information
- Generate periodic consolidated financial reporting that is timely, accurate, and usable by the business in assessing its financial position
- Oversee cost accounting functions to include familiarity with inner-workings of cost accounting systems and oversight of variance reporting.
- Analyze the financial impact of major business operational issues and decisions affecting the business and deliver timely reports as requested.
- Work hand-in-hand with operations management and the executive team to uncover potentially adverse issues early enough to react
- Support the companies’ goals with coordination, planning and follow up of key changes, working alongside stakeholder management
- Evaluate current operational policies and practices within the financial department and strives to drive continuous improvement in all financial matters
- Works with Operations and IT for continuous improvement in processes and enhancement of information technology related to financial reporting and operations control/reporting to drive efficiencies and process improvements and extend solutions to other areas of the business as appropriate.
- Implementation of appropriate financial controls in order to ensure compliance with accepted accounting processes and legal requirements
- Validate all financial controls and procedures within operations, ensuring the adequate maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance and accounting, in order to maintain suitable internal controls that lead to complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting
- Works closely with corporate finance group to insure corporate and external reporting requirements are met.
- Act as financial liaison between converting operations and other business groups, including sales, customer service, product development, mills, supply chain, procurement, etc
To be successful in this role, you have the following:
- Bachelor's degree Accounting or Finance mandatory.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as controller for large multi-location manufacturing facility preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills mandatory
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point mandatory.
- Experience in problem solving, complex financial analysis and people management key.
- Experience with SAP ERP system and advanced analytic software key.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, maral status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.