Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Manage and lead the engineering function for the Canton Mill. Focused on areas to meet the safety, environmental, reliability, production, quality and cost goals for the Canton Mill. This position is responsible for overall oversight, development and execution of the facilities engineering programs.
- Ensure all safety policies and practices are implemented across responsible areas. Maintain high levels of accountability with subordinates for full compliance of safety actions, training or policy changes that will support attainment of safety goals for the department.
- Actively participate in a leadership role in attainment of safety goals identified for the mill.
- Develop long-term strategies for engineering organization to align with future goals of operations.
- Champion the operational capital project budget and project plan yearly.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Develop and lead the operational five-year capital project plan.
- Partner with Strategic Capital Team for the business to execute capital project plan.
- Manage a team of engineers within the engineer function of the operations.
- Communicate and partner with maintenance and operational area leaders to achieve capital project plan.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place before starting up.
- Ability to problem solve complex situation using resources across the Company to ensure successful project management and execution of the plan.
- Build Teams
- Facilitate meetings
- Be highly engaged on Capital Projects from conception, planning, and installation
- Collaborate with Operations to solve run ability issues
- BA/BS degree in , engineering field
- 5 years’ experience in management supervision
- 7 years’ experience in maintenance/engineering
- 7 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering function
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound understanding of financial practices and cost measures/controls as they relate to maintenance
- Works well with teams and can take leadership roles effectively
- High potential for future job growth/promotions
- Conducts annual supervisor performance reviews
- Recommends/evaluates new or existing equipment modifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.