North America Packaging, Assistant Controller
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 10/24/2019
The North American Packaging Assistant Controller manages all aspects of finance and accounting for the Spouts and Canadian Business and oversee, reviews and manages the consolidated budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting for the North American Packaging Converting and Spouts business. The Assistant Controller is an active member of the North American Packaging Sales team and is expected to lead and support all aspects of the process, providing support as needed to the North American Packaging Operations Controller, support the management teams of the other converting locations and support senior management reporting.
The direct and indirect headcount reporting to this position is a team of up to 25 employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounting and finance activates of the Spouts and Canadian businesses including day to day activities, ensuring all team members are executing their responsibilities professionally, accurately, and efficiently
- Manages all accounting and remittance activities for $70 million plus annually in customer rebates.
- Leads all budgeting, forecasting, and actuals reporting including variance analysis (price, volume, mix) of sales, standard cost of sales, and distribution for the North American Packaging Carton and Spouts businesses.
- Supporting the North American Packaging Operations Controller, provides oversight and review of other locations key financial management duties (Financial Planning, Budgeting/Forecasting, General Ledger, Internal / External Auditing, Asset Management, Research & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Cost Accounting, Capital Planning and Appropriation, Business Guidance, etc.)
- Leads the businesses’ annual budgets and oversee financial reports from accounting team(s) in order to confirm precise reviews of the businesses’ current and projected financial position, ensuring the integrity of information
- Generate periodic consolidated financial reporting that are timely, accurate, and usable by the business in assessing its financial position
- Analyze the financial impact of major business issues and decisions affecting the business and deliver timely reports as requested.
- Work hand-in-hand with sales, operations and the executive team to uncover potentially adverse issues early enough to react
- Support the company goals with coordination, planning and follow up of key changes, working alongside stakeholder management
- Evaluate current policies and practices within the financial department and strives to drive continuous improvement in all financial matters
- Works with Sales, Operations and IT for continuous improvement in processes and enhancement of information technology related to financial reporting and operations control/reporting to drive efficiencies and process improvements and extend solutions to other areas of the business as appropriate.
- Validate all financial controls and procedures within North American Packaging, ensuring the adequate maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance and accounting, in order to maintain suitable internal controls that lead to complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting
- Works closely with corporate finance group to ensure corporate and external reporting requirements are met.
- Act as financial liaison between North American Packaging and other business groups, including sales, customer service, product development, mills, supply chain, converting locations, procurement, etc
To be successful in this role, you have the following credentials:
- Bachelor's degree Accounting or Finance mandatory.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as senior analyst or controller for large multi-location manufacturing facility preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills mandatory
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint mandatory.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, maral status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.