Power Process Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Crossett, AR
Post Date: 11/3/2019
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN PINE BLUFF, AR
Our Ideal candidate manages hourly employees on achieving daily performance requirements in all power and recovery areas.
- Manage absenteeism & fill vacancies. Manage vacations & personal holidays. Delegate discipline as needed.
- Responsible for safety systems & performance in all power and recovery areas.
- Responsible for environmental compliance in all power and recovery areas.
- Responsible for production in all power and recovery areas, including minimizing downtime, and communicating issues appropriately.
- Understands the process as described below in Technical Skill section. Uses process knowledge to quickly troubleshoot process as problems occur.
- Works closely with backshift mechanic to prioritize work.
- Manages costs to effectively make sound decisions.
- Manage business using department goals.
To be successful, you will need a minimum of ten years of production experience in a power and recovery area, BA/BS level of education, or other related equivalent work experience with demonstrated leadership skills. Some supervisory experience is preferred which may be reduced if candidate has a degree in either pulp & paper or engineering.
- 5 years of chemical recovery boiler experience preferred
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- A minimum of 5 years production experience and at least 5 years supervisory experience required
- A college degree in Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science is preferred
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and decision making skills
- A team player with a positive attitude that will continuously pursue strategies to ensure safety and quality and build rapport with the operating crews. The desire to teach, coach, mentor and promote the success of a dynamic, goal oriented and fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and CMMS programs
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to look ahead and respond appropriately
- Time Management, Energetic,
- Positive communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, maral status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.