Senior Financial Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Equipment Division Senior Financial Analyst performs all general accounting functions for the Equipment Business, analyzes and reports sales and sales commissions by business segment (equipment, parts, and service) and supports Division budgeting, forecasting, and actuals reporting processes. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to lead and support all financial activities of Division’s Service Organization and provides support as needed to the Equipment Division Assistant Controller, North American Packaging Assistant Controller, the Equipment Division management team and support senior management reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all general accounting functions including preparation of and review of others’ journal vouchers and account reconciliations.
- Primary responsibility for construction in process and all other fixed asset accounting.
- Completes all accounting and remittance activates for sales commissions
- Completes all accounting activities for North American Packaging related to lease accounting.
- Audits purchase and travel card transaction to validate sufficient documentation and compliance with Corporate Division, and department policies.
- Prepares and distributes monthly reports of sales specific to each departments’ needs, i.e. by salesman, territory, region, etc.
- Working with Service management, primarily responsible for all finance related activities for the service group including, but not limited to, budgeting (including the Canadian legal entity), forecasting, and actuals reports by service employee. Reviews and audits annual employee bonus payout calculations to insure accuracy and compliance with the service technician bonus plan.
- Works hand-in-hand with sales and operations to uncover potentially adverse issues early enough to react
- Provide customer margin information and trends to support pricing scenarios and customer profitability analysis
- Works with Sales, Operations and IT for continuous improvement in processes and enhancement of information technology related to financial reporting and operations control/reporting to drive efficiencies and process improvements and extend solutions to other areas of the business as appropriate.
- Leads Equipment Division internal audit program validating all financial controls and procedures, ensuring the adequate maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance and accounting, in order to maintain suitable internal controls that lead to complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting
- Primary back up for Assistant Controller, Cost Accounting Manager, and other Financial Analyst.
- Works closely with corporate finance group to insure corporate and external reporting requirements are met.
- Act as financial liaison between North American Packaging and other business groups, including sales, customer service, product development, mills, supply chain, converting locations,
- Bachelor's degree Accounting or Finance mandatory.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as financial analyst or senior accountant for large multi-location manufacturing facility with experience in standard costing preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills mandatory
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point mandatory.
- Experience in problem solving and complex financial analysis key.
- Experience with SAP/ERP systems and advanced analytic software key with detailed knowledge of the SAP Service module preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.