Recovery Area Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 11/6/2019
This position is the Recovery Operations Leader for the Canton Mill operations, which is a fully integrated, complex, pulp and paper manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will be technically competent to manage and trouble shoots the Kraft Chemical Recovery Operation through causticizing. This includes familiarity with, managing black liquor evaporators, managing the Lime Kiln operation. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in managing both hourly (unionized) and salaried workforce.
- Lead the efforts in the Recovery area to produce the highest quality product in a safe, environmentally efficient, and cost effective manner.
- Manage the operational performance of the Recovery area to supply quality white liquor to the Pulp Mill with minimum variability and cost effectiveness.
- Play an active and forward thinking role in the management team to enhance the overall performance in the Pulp, Power and Recovery department as well as the Canton Mill.
- Maintain a high level of environmental performance and continue to strive for continuous improvement achieving all mill operational goals for water usage, color and venting.
- Drive the equipment improvement process through committed support of the Total Asset reliability program, planning and implementing a capital investment program and overall protection of the assets of the department and company.
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment in which employees can perform their job tasks with minimum risks. Hold all employees accountable for unsafe performance.
- Manage operational responsibility for Process Safety Management.
- Continue to build, develop and strengthen through leadership, education and empowerment an organization that meets the needs of the pulp manufacturing area and has the capability, competence and dedication to support the department and Canton Mill objectives.
- This position also works with supporting departments (maintenance, EH&S, engineering, and manufacturing excellence) to drive continuous improvement in all facets of the organization. Striving to provide consistent, reliable and sustainable results on a year over year basis
- Undergraduate Degree required from a State Board of Regents Accredited University in either Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Pulp & Paper Engineering
- Minimum five - ten years of applicable and relevant experience Kraft Chemical Recovery Operations, such as a Recovery Superintendent.
- Prior work experience in an integrated Pulp & Paper Mill
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Previous experience in recovery boilers, evaporators and lime kilns
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.