Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The MRO supervisor is responsible for procuring all maintenance supplies, machinery parts, fabrication supplies, and tools necessary for the maintenance/engineering department. This individual will develop and implement a consistent approach to MRO supplies, inventory and receiving that improves maintenance productivity and asset reliability while removing waste from our maintenance operations. Ensure Maintenance Inventory & Receiving Systems are adhere to company standards
- Requests quotes for spare parts, tooling, services, etc. – review quotes for accuracy, and negotiate best pricing.
- Continuously negotiates better pricing with existing suppliers and performs market tests with potential suppliers.
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Prepares purchase orders.
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
- May work with manufacturers or persuade potential vendors to undertake the manufacturing of custom-designed items according to user's specific needs and specifications.
- Coordinates Cost Reduction Tracking Program, including reporting.
- Purchase Order / Invoice reconciliation.
- Works to expand global supplier network, perform basic qualification of capabilities, manage and summarize RFQ process to identify best supplier based on quality, cost and capability.
- Supports advanced purchasing for new projects, summarize and deliver supplier recommendations to company management.
- Directs purchasing functions including providing materials in support of the manufacturing schedule, select, evaluate, and review supplier performance to continually improve value added and cost reduction.
- Maintains the integrity purchase planning functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates material requirements with production control and the supplier
- Maintains customer portal - monitoring and distribution of general customer information to suppliers - monitoring and distribution of customer changes within their requirements - work with portal applications such as orders, schedules, service parts, promised dates etc.
- Analyzes sales such as forecasting and Actual vs. Target comparison
- Must have a four year degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years industrial purchasing experience
- Full understanding of MRP Systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.