Cost Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 12/12/2019
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of standard costs, proper valuation and control of inventories and selling price development/price list maintenance. The Cost Accounting Manager is expected to advise, provide policy direction and standard cost information to all product line managers, purchasing management, industrial engineering management, the Vice President of Equipment sales, and their teams’.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and/or reviews all accounting entries related to inventory movement and WIP labor and overhead valuation. Complete related inventory account reconciliations.
- Analyzes and updates obsolete/slow moving and lower of cost or market inventory reserves as appropriate to fairly value inventories
- Review and analyze manufacturing usages and price variances against standard cost of goods sold in excess of $50M annually.
- Ensure accuracy of BOM’s, routings, and contract bills of material supporting annual new machines sales in excess of $30 million annually.
- Tracks and reports profitability by contract and machine model used as the basis for product pricing.
- Audit and monitor completeness of the cycle counting process of raw material and finished goods inventory of approximately $8.0 million gross inventory value
- Completes quarterly review and physical verification of aged work in process orders with approximately $9 to $10 million inventory value.
- Establish and update standard costs on approximately 10,000 active machine parts. Review final reports after processing, reconcile and summarize results, prepare necessary adjusting journal entries. Report findings to Controller and facility management.
- Develop bi-annual parts pricing list in conjunction with Supply Chain personnel: approximate annual sales revenue in excess of $40M annually. Maintains all equipment, parts, and service price lists used in customer quotations.
- Prepares unique item price and cost quotations supporting a parts business with sales in excess of $40M annually.
- Tracks and reports engineering development project spending and prototype costing with an average annual budget exceeding $2M.
- Provide ad hoc costing and pricing models to support pricing to sales service and machine contract administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- 3 to 5 years of cost accounting in a manufacturing standard cost environment required
- Advanced Excel, Access, and data mining skills required
- Experience with SAP/ERP systems preferred
- CMA and/or CPA a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.