Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 12/16/2019
The MRO Supervisor position is responsible for supporting the Storeroom team in all activities including: management of obsolescence, maintaining and creating new part numbers, storeroom audit, storeroom metrics management, and strategic planning for improvement of storeroom. This individual will support initiatives to drive process improvements, implementation of lean principles, and assume ownership for inventory reduction strategies.
- Develop and implement a consistent approach to MRO inventory that improves maintenance productivity and asset reliability while minimizing unnecessary inventory on hand.
- Perform inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving and non-moving inventory, conduct cycle-count, periodic physical inventories, and reporting
- Monitor and report on consigned, non-consigned, vendor owned or 3rd party inventory
- Collaborate with mill personnel, category managers, Purchasing and other stakeholders to accurately create/extend/edit items in the material master
- Participate in planning of maintenance activities to ensure parts needed are on hand during the maintenance events
- Expedite storeroom orders and requests as needed
- Coordinate Cost Reduction Tracking Program including KPI reporting
- Manage warranty and returns with suppliers
- Support MRO Procurement lead to expand global supplier network, perform basic qualification of capabilities, and provide clear description of materials
- Maintain list of non-sourced items and assist Procurement lead to maximize purchases utilizing Ariba
- Manage and review catalogs in Ariba and ensure storeroom prices mirror those in Ariba catalog
- Request quotes for spare parts, tooling, services, etc. from qualified suppliers or OEM; review quotes for accuracy, and support Procurement lead to negotiate best total cost of ownership (TCO) for the company
- Monitor and maintain supplier performance to metrics established with Procurement lead and stakeholders
- Manage end-of-life components with contract manufacturers and source alternate supplies in conjunction with engineering approvals
- Generate reports for Procurement lead and other stakeholders as required
- Maintain a positive safety first culture
- Maintain proactive and helpful outlook with internal stakeholders and suppliers while maintaining and asserting storeroom policies
- Ensure all statutory, regulatory and internal controls requirements are followed and met in the storeroom process
- Ensure all activities are conducted ethically, with integrity
- Complete any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Essential Competencies
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- APICS CPM certification preferred
- 5+ years in store room and materials management role in a manufacturing company with over $5M in inventory
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Strong leadership skills; understanding of performance management and conflict resolution principles, able to lead others and translate skills through training and mentoring
- Action and detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment because of advanced organization and project management experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to manage large datasets
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including advanced utilization of Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of materials management and experience with MRP in SAP and/or Oracle ERP system
- Familiarity with accounting practices as those relate to asset inventories, purchasing, and receiving
- Some level of working exposure to SAP Ariba catalogs
Working Conditions and Environment
- Standard warehouse environment; including machine shop, equipment operation, and shipping & receiving, and inventory area.
- Must be able to work off hours, weekends, and OT on a short notice basis based on business needs.
- Able to work in abnormal (heat/cold/clean room) operating conditions.
- Minimum travel (<10%) outside Canton/Waynesville area
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.