Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 1/18/2020
- Maintain Cutter/Creasers so they are always producing good quality cartons within specifications. Plan ahead; following press schedules, size changes, and configuration changes. Maintain spare tooling; ordering as needed the parts to replace used tooling. Keep a spares inventory for at least four streams complete.
- Check set of cartons from each running press at the beginning of shift and visually check for missing or broken scores, score timing, cut timing, and uneven knives by hand folding. Confirm board grade, carton size and configuration with docket.
- Check score height with ACT III for all presses running.
- Prior to starting production after every size change and jam-up, perform Dip Checks, and check score heights, score timing, cut timing and cut templates.
- Conduct hourly fold and dip checks.
- Check for missing and/or broken male scores after all jam ups.
- Perform weekly cut knife position checks with glass or plastic template. Check any knives that are moved, shimmed, or replaced with glass template.
- Check of all jam detectors daily.
- Complete onion skin cut pressure check weekly on each press.
- Maintain daily log sheet of all work performed and status of any work not completed.
- Grease Die Roll Bearings (8 locations) weekly.
- Check gear side lower gearbox oil level weekly.
- Check individual gear and eccentric oilers and fill as needed daily.
- Grease infeed roll and stripper assembly bearings weekly.
- Assist Maintenance with all work on cutter/creaser.
- Immediately inform Team Leader of any issues or changes in carton quality.
- Follow all established procedures. Inform team leader of any change in the condition of equipment.
- Forecast downtime required and work with Production to schedule repairs
- High School/GED from an accredited school
- Ability to work by assigned shift- First, Second and/or Third
- Willingness to work weekends and different shifts as needed
- Stand for 8 to 12 hours during the shift, combined with stopping for short breaks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer - D/F/M/V