Mill Operations Learning Leader
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 2/3/2020
The Ideal candidate will be instrumental in helping build a robust hourly certification program for the Pine Bluff, AR Mill that is focused on processes that engage the workforce through collaboration and participation, and support business objectives around safety, environmental, quality, production, reliability, and efficient operations for the Mill.
This position reports to the Department Manager, Manufacturing Excellence and Quality and will be responsible for the management and facilitate continuous improvement of the hourly certification programs for the mill.
- Oversees and executes on the facilities certification processes and programs.
- Manages the department learning leaders, while partnering closely with the leaders from each operational area to meet their needs.
- Provide consistency and standards for operational training and certification across the manufacturing environments.
- Develop department learning leaders.
- Research and institute best in class training and certification.
- Develop and facilitate key performance indicators.
- Develop processes and systems to track certification progress and illuminate gaps and needs.
- Assist in building talent development ownership within the departments across the mill.
- Manage and assist in the development of standard procedures (TCCs, MOCs, JSAs) and other documents within the operations environment. Ensure learning action items are properly assigned, tracked and completed.
- May teach and/or deliver training material to the organization.
- Provide additional support for driving Manufacturing Excellence through certification programs.
- Drive the use of data and data analysis tools in the decision making process.
- Assist in implementation and sustainability of Learning Management System for hourly team members.
- Partner with Human Resources and management team to facilitate professional development.
- BA/BS degree business, engineering, human resources, or other applicable degree from accredited university.
- 5 years’ experience with training within a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ experience leading others.
- Experience in six sigma/continuous improvement work environments.
- Industry experience in pulp and paper making process.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized and effective planning
- Energetic, Self-Starter
- Ability to look ahead and respond appropriately
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution and influence
- Organizational Agility
- Results Oriented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.