Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 2/7/2020
We are looking for a key strategic team member who can help us utilize the extraordinary strengths of highly talented Evergreen Packaging associates who support our world-class customers, retailers and eco-conscious consumers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and have demonstrated strong capabilities needed to lead within the maintenance organization.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage both exempt and non-exempt employees on achieving daily performance requirements.
- Lead the department organizational business development and enhance the overall performance of the department and the mill by being an effective member of the department and mill management teams for the continued success of Evergreen Packaging.
- Manage costs by tracking costs against budget. Provide input into projected plans. Conduct cost analysis. Evaluate safety costs against production goals. Use cost factors to make sound decisions as well as identifying gaps.
- Facilitates the setting of objectives and strategies along with daily tactical planning, budgeting and workforce requirements.
- Develops performance measures for work groups and clarifies inputs and outputs monitored for continuous improvements.
- Plans and schedules work for the daily activities of the work groups to maximize available resources.
- Leads the planning process for major system outages including securing correct parts, coordinating with contractors, and scheduling internal resources.
- Continuously build, strengthen and improve leadership, education, empowerment and dedication of the employees and of the organization to meet the needs of the departments, the Canton Mill, and the larger organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a similar industry.
- Specific knowledge in pulp and paper operations highly preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the best path forward to minimize business impact.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal) and the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization; strong executive presence required.
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong ability to influence in a large organization. Strong project management skills are required for success. Ability to manage and balance competing priorities, while achieving positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong team player. High integrity with the ability to build trusting relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
- Basic knowledge of SAP, PI, and other business operating systems related to maintenance systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.