Production Team Member
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 2/11/2020
- Work safely in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Collaborate and work well with other Team Members.
- Comply with facility Safe Quality Foods and Safety Requirements when performing work duties.
- Ability to stand, lift, reach, bend and twist while performing tasks that are near, within and around machinery.
- Prepare work areas for production
- Utilize standard operating procedures to perform job tasks.
- Utilize manual and lift equipment.
- Use electronic barcode scanning equipment.
- Learn, understand and follow “lock out/tag out” procedures as required per task.
- Handle stacks of paper cartons, while working the product through the printing or sealing process.
- Utilize hand tools to maintain equipment.
- Make adjustments to machinery to assist with the production process.
- Handle and appropriately discard scrap materials.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with
- procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and area by using specific tools and equipment.
- Monitor production, while following standard processes and procedures to produce quality cartons.
- Communicate effectively with Operator, Quality Auditor, and Team Leaders
- Complete required operational paperwork.
- Assist with machine uptime by responding to and communicating maintenance issues.
- Assist the business in capturing and reporting downtime information.
- Other duties as required or assigned
What you will need to succeed....
- Accredited High School Diploma/GED & Work Key Certificate
- High energy and a passion for a manufacturing career
- Ability to work independently and within a Team
- Attention to detail
- Motivation to train two jobs up.
- Manufacturing experience and familiarity working with machines, preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and experience using tools, preferred
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Basic math and computer skills required
- Excellent attendance and demonstrated commitment to excellent job performance
- Ability to detect colors and shades
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation in accomplishing all tasks
- Willingness to work weekends and different shifts as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.