Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 2/13/2020
OVERVIEW: Responsible for leading a team of hourly employees in the manufacture of polyethylene coated board used primarily in the manufacture of gable top packaging. Success will be defined by team achievement in safety, environmental compliance, quality, OTIFNE, waste, and productivity goals. The successful candidate will provide direction and leadership of an assigned shift of hourly team members, while living in one of top ten places to live in the US in 2019 according to US News and World Report.
This position is also responsible for overseeing employee training, enforcing all safety and SQF policies and procedures, recommending and administering disciplinary action when required, and verifying and approving work hours and pay rates.
Specific Job Activities:
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
- Be part of a facility continuing a streak of going six years without an OSHA recordable injury.
- Be part on continuing a streak of recertifying in SQF Level 2 at the highest score in our business by ensuring compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans and all applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Be part of a facility with the average tenure of hourly team members is 7-10 years.
- Be part of a team that values inclusion, diversity, and is open to new ideas.
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Responsible for effective employee relations in a Union free environment by providing coaching, development opportunities, and resolving employee issues through a collaborative problem resolution process.
- Provide technical assistance to the crew to resolve extrusion coating, mechanical, and/or electrical issues. Be able to identify and communicate root cause for process issues.
- Ensure that hourly team members have the proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
- Consistently deliver products and services that meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services.
- Leading quality improvement activities within their respective team.
- 5+ years of experience in web-based poly to paperboard extrusion coating process is strongly preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to grasp extrusion coating and/or new technology quickly.
- Strong people skills with ability to follow through on assignments with little or no supervision.
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must be an effective communicator and have the ability to coach and motivate employees into taking ownership and accountability in a team environment
- Strong Safety Commitment.
- B.S. required in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering or technical degree preferred, but not required if significant applicable experience
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.