Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 3/2/2020
We are looking for an electronic technician to set up, maintain and repair electronic systems and devices. You’ll test system performance, analyze and report on results. This role requires hands-on experience using various hand and power tools to calibrate and align system components and circuitry. To succeed in this position, you should also be able to comprehend and follow complex technical manuals. If you have good problem-solving skills, an eye for detail and good manual dexterity, we’d like to hear from you. The successful candidate will provide direction and leadership of hourly team members within the Maintenance Department, while living in one of top ten places to live in the US in 2019 according to US News and World Report.
Electronic technicians are responsible for set up, repair, and maintenance of electronic systems and equipment. Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, while applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics. Running performance analyses on electronic devices and reporting on results. Create prototypes based on complex manuals.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as electronic technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with electronic testing and circuitry
- Familiarity working with various tools and equipment
- MS Office and diagnostic software (e.g. PC-based)
- Excellent physical condition and hand-eye coordination
- An associate’s degree or apprenticeship as electronic technician
- Certification in engineering or electronics or relevant experience is required
- Installing and repairing electronic equipment
- Aligning and calibrating cables and wiring
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design and laboratory procedures.
- May operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as coils, terminal boards, and chassis.
- May check functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- May instruct and supervise other Maintenance personnel.
- Set up electronic systems and devices
- Assemble and connect system components (e.g. cables)
- Build prototype models based on technical guidelines
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Estimate damage and calculate the cost of materials
- Test system functionality and analyze data
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures
- Read and comprehend complex manuals and diagrams
- Update reports and maintain inventory
- Collaborate with engineers and other professionals on technical tasks
- Use various tools to build and repair systems (e.g. grinders)
- Competently troubleshoot drives, PLCs, servos, robotics (Fanuc), instrumentation, VFDs and other electronics.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Evergreen Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Evergreen Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Evergreen Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.