Maintenance Supervisor - E/I
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 3/10/2020
Manage and lead the hourly maintenance employees to meet the safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goal. This position is responsible for labor relations, quality, production, cost improvement and performance measurement of production.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and through leadership instill an employee involved safety approach.
- Put in place procedures for safe execution of tasks (including Task Instructions, permits to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks);
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the electrical maintenance employees engaged in maintenance activities in the department.
- Prepares material and labor estimates
- Insure that hourly maintenance employees are trained, knowledgeable and that they adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Function as a resource to hourly electrical employees to assist and teach employees troubleshooting skills and improve their overall electrical knowledge.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution and contract language. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Interprets company and department policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adherence to proper codes and standards.
- Coordinate with Production in preparing maintenance outages, daily work schedules and preventative maintenance activities and insuring proper manning to execute.
- Coordinate outside contractors and consultants as needed to ensure reliability is maintained and to address manpower deficiencies.
- Drive continuous improvement through reliability efforts and root cause failure analysis.
- Coordinate electrical maintenance spending with operations and maintenance superintendent to adhere to budget. Assist in the development of yearly maintenance plan.
- Manage timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and other activities as they arise.
- Develop operating, process, and reliability improvements through innovation.
- Manage and coordinate project work involving external contractors.
- Assists Engineers in design requirements.
- Communicate routinely and effectively with the Area Maintenance Manager.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office applications and use of Internet to search.
- Extensive Knowledge of electrical processes and safety procedures.
- Experience with PLC, VFD, Motor Control, Low and Medium voltage power distribution and AC and DC Motors.
- Technical 4-year degree - BSME or BSEE preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience with an hourly work force in a union work environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP maintenance workflow software or similar.
- Working knowledge of Results Oriented Reliability and Maintenance Programs.
- Working knowledge of PI and/or Process Book for operational monitoring and equipment troubleshooting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.