Sr. Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner – Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position serves as liaison between Human Resources and Manufacturing to assist with employee related issues requiring expertise in contract administration and company policy matters. The position is responsible for administering human resource practices and objectives for the Mill Operations, which will create business value through strategic management of the workforce while aligning Human Resources and the Business strategy. This includes facilitating an employee oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, job certification, quality, productivity / standards, goal attainment and the recruitment / development of a superior workforce.
- Support high performance manufacturing and continuous improvement through design and execution of applicable people work systems.
- Provide support and subject matter expertise for all development processes Drives strategic and tactical planning in organizational development., Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes participation, world class safety, strong manufacturing excellence principles such as housekeeping, good quality, effective throughput, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Develop, improve and administer comprehensive training programs to accomplish facility objectives.
- Develop and support a positive labor relations environment.
- Proactively develop processes for identifying and managing labor relations issues, while working closely with Mill Management Team to support business initiatives and contract compliance.
- Assists in the administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and manages functions related to inventory and tracking of all labor records. Maintains and updates grievance data base and insures timelines are followed.
- Investigate grievances and recommend remedies to Front Line Leaders and Managers. Ensure compliance with employment and labor laws.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations regarding corrective actions and remedies.
- Build strong talent platforms to attract, select, and retain exceptional talentDeliver a fantastic employee experience and build a successful foundation by organizing and conducting new hire orientations.
- Process and administer personnel actions within Human Resource and Payroll Information Systems. Maintain accurate data by following specific system processes.
- Develop and administer performance management and improvement systems.
- Support plant safety by engaging in specific initiatives, investigations and training.
- Act as Facility EEO Administrator responsible for facilitating the Affirmative Action Plan, conducting biannual reviews of the EEO policy with all team members, investigating and responding to all suspected violations of the EEO policy, and supporting the company's diversity initiative.
- Investigate unemployment claims and represent the company at unemployment hearings.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field - required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification desired
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Human Resources function for manufacturing environment is required
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a union environment is required
- Experience in union contract negotiations, a plus
- Experience leading complex investigations
- Ability to interpret collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to manage the grievance process
- Energetic and dynamic with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong understanding of employment laws
- Ability to design and execute Work Systems
- Change Management execution
- Understanding of manufacturing excellence principles
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to influence others
- High energy and results driven
- Ability to relocate within 35 miles of Pine Bluff, AR facility
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Experienced in organizational development, talent management, succession planning and employee development
- Demonstrated efficiency and working knowledge of Electronic Human Resource Information System, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to communicate with persons outside the organization, representing the business to the public, government, and other external sources
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with employees, company leaders and union leaders
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.