Mechanical Engineering Technician - Tech Support
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 7/16/2020
Provides technical support by answering customers (internal & external) questions related to Evergreen equipment overall systems. This position reports to Equipment Technical Support & Training Team Manager and works in coordination with Central Scheduling to ensure customers receive necessary assistance. Mechanical Engineering Technician (Tech Support) is educated/experienced and trained to troubleshooting and knowledgeable in EPE equipment (legacy & newer models). In addition, on occasion travel to customer sites as needed, to deliver necessary services requested by customers.
- Support customers and service technicians in answering questions related to equipment ovarall systems.
- Maintain high-level customer satisfaction through technical support of installed equipment base (via phone calls, e-mail support etc.).
- Produce CAD drawing changes to support customer specials, product improvements, change requests and non-conformances of various production equipment models.
- Perform service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved while meeting the budgeted goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
- Maintains high performance of the paper packaging equipment to defend against the competition.
- Assist Service team in development of training tools, knowledge base & documentation.
- Assist Service Team in development of Technology Initiatives.
- Meets corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
- 2-year AAS technical degree in relevant field.
- 2-5 years of mechanical systems (with 2D & 3D CAD – SolidWorks) experience.
- Knowledgeable in pneumatic & mechanical skills.
- Skilled in reading pneumatic & electrical schematics.
- Knowledgeable in using a PDM system and understand equipment BOMs.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a good listener/quick thinker.
- Good people skills with strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to interface and demonstrate teamwork skills with internal and external associates and customer in all geographical parts of the world.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to assist customers or for training purposes.
- Skilled in supporting customers (phone & e-mail etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.