Manager of Accounting and Business Analysis, North America Packaging Division
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Lake Forest, IL
Post Date: 7/23/2020
The Manager of Accounting and Business Analysis will report to the Division Controller and help manage accounting processes and financial analysis for the $500+ million North American Packaging (NAP) Division of Evergreen Packaging. The role will manage all aspects of finance and accounting for the Spouts and Canadian business units within NAP, as well as help oversee and review the consolidated budgeting, forecasting, accounting close, and management reporting for the entire NAP division. This role will partner across multiple locations and functional areas to help ensure timely and accurate financial information is prepared, analyzed and communicated to help management make informed decisions to drive favorable business results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounting and finance activities of the Spouts and Canadian businesses within NAP, including coordination of day to day activities, completion and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, financial reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and review of intercompany and external sales transactions.
- Prepare consolidated monthly variance analysis for NAP division to identify price, volume, mix drivers on sales and provide secondary review and consolidation of operational variances for the six U.S. converting plants.
- Prepare monthly NAP consolidated financial and management reporting,
- Work with NAP Division Controller to identify best practices, drive continuous improvement across all locations, document critical procedures
- Work with corporate finance group to ensure corporate and external reporting requirements are met by NAP and that appropriate cash management occurs for the Canadian entity.
- Partner with NAP division senior financial analyst to manage all accounting, documentation, and remittance activities for $70 million plus annually in customer rebates.
- Partner with commercial team to understand customer and market dynamics to ensure volume, pricing assumptions are accurately reflected in financial forecasts.
- Help coordinate consolidation and analysis of the annual budget and standard cost setting, along with detailed financial forecasts as required.
- Leverage HFM or other financial tools to enhance and streamline consolidated reporting and analysis. Collaborate with IT to expand system capabilities and evaluate new solutions for finance.
- Coordinate with holding company’s tax team to set transfer price policy and liaise with external tax consultants to ensure accurate and timely preparation of Canadian tax returns.
- Understand and validate internal controls, policies and procedures for NAP division, and ensure consistent application and understanding across all manufacturing plants.
- Research and document accounting positions in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS guidance on technical accounting issues that may arise.
- Coordinate internal and external audit requests and responses for NAP division
- Act as financial liaison between NAP finance and other functional areas to ensure good communication is occurring on all business updates, changes, and risks so that financial implications are captured timely and accurately.
- Analyze the financial impact of major NAP investments and business decisions and other ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting as requested.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as senior analyst, accounting manager, or controller for multi-location manufacturing company preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Experience working with SAP ERP and BI systems and standard cost accounting preferred
- Experience working with multi-currency ledgers and familiarity with Canadian tax laws a plus
- Experience working with Hyperion (HFM) software and Smart View a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented and intellectually curious
- Personal accountability to work effectively and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to establish good working relationships and build influence with remote team members and across functional areas without having formal reporting authority
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.