Field Service Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Date: 7/24/2020
Candidate must live in or close to the state of Pennsylvania
Field Service Technician provides technical service and support for customers who own and operate Evergreen filling machines. The technician is trained and knowledgeable to intall, inspect, troubleshoot and service this equipment. The techincian also trains the customer’s personnel on proper operating and maintenance techniques to ensure good packing outputs.
- Conducts/controls service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved while meeting the budgeted goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
- Communicates well with central scheduling, management, other departments and customers.
- Functions as the equipment service technician whtin the departmental advising EPE service management and/or engineering of any problems or situations with models of current or modified design.
- Provides learning experiences for both customer and EPE plant personnel on machine operation.
- Learns and grows skill sets and competencies to achieve both business and personal development objectives.
- Meets corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
- Performs the job safely within an environment which the technician does not control.
- Maintains high performance of the paper packaging equipment to defend against the competition.
- High school dimploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, use meter & troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Good working knowledge of pneumatics (valves, air cylinders etc.).
- Must be a good communicator (including written and verbal English).
- Self-driven to work alone and also in teams, when needed.
- Ability to spend extended periods (average of 2 weeks) of time away from home, when needed.
- Valid drivers license.
- Working knowledge to verify inputs & outputs of a PLC and other analog components from HMI (Note: Not required to program PLC or trouble shoot PLC programs)
- Experience in operating/maintaining packaging equipment or equivalent in dairy/juice industry.
- Work with PC Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.