Technician Accountant - Recent Grads welcome to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 8/21/2020
This role is responsible for a variety of tasks including accurate management and maintenance of roll stock inventory in SAP, month end financial reporting, customer invoicing, customer quality credits and freight claims, management of periodic roll stock inventories, month end ink inventories, production reporting, monthly general ledger account reconciliations, and mill credits for roll stock. This role will also be the backup for processing hourly payroll and other critical accounting tasks during periods of vacation or leave of absence by fellow team members. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who is willing to learn, work hard, and grow in his/her career.
Key actions, outputs, and deliverables:
Inventory Control and Valuation – Working with the Plant Controller, this position is responsible for auditing the accuracy of inventory sub-ledger quantities, working with operations to identify any process or system weaknesses contributing to inaccuracies and for creating standard costs for new material items consistent with Division policies and procedures. Daily monitoring of rollstock, finished goods, WIP and ink inventories to ensure accurate accounting and quick resolution on any discrepancies. Monitors in transit shipments to insure timely receipt into inventory. Reconciles goods received/invoice activity reconciling and correcting discrepancies.
General Ledger - Prepares monthly account reconciliations in Blackline for Plant City and other converting locations as needed, to ensure balances agree with appropriate sub ledger detail and proper documentation and analysis is attached. Discrepancies between general ledger and sub-ledger balances are identified and resolved quickly with focus on causation identification and implementation of appropriate procedural or system changes to avoid recurrences
Customer Invoicing - Ensures accurate and timely processing of sales per contractual terms of sale and generates/sends customer invoices and credits for both Plant City and Spout-Pak sales. Analyze and process customer credits.
Internal Control – Working with the Plant Controller, performs audits and analysis of location internal controls and available to assist EPI with internal audits of other locations as required..
Key Responsibilities :
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to sub-ledgers and correct discrepancies on a monthly basis and prepare appropriate support and back-up to update Blackline. Tie out intra-/inter-company account balance monthly with other locations reconciling differences. Complete account analysis of selected general ledger accounts to insure balances fairly reflect future obligations. Allocate mill credits via journal entries as needed.
- Working with Plant Controller, perform independent inventory counts to confirm accuracy of inventory management processes/procedures and review adjustments in relation to overall inventory levels. Prepare standard costs for new items consistent with Division policy. Balance roll stock receipts and consumption on daily basis and engage IT to help correct balancing issues between locations. Work with quality assurance to address rolls dropped for QA issues and participate in finished goods inventories as needed.
- Generate and mail customer invoices daily insuring any special billing instructions and contract terms of sale are followed. Reconcile shipments to invoices daily correcting discrepancies.
- Update monthly reports on length of run, performance and waste and distribute to Lead team. Need to research and understand variances and trends to be able to answer questions and help raise awareness on unfavorable outcomes.
- Invest time to learn processes and systems at plant to ensure most efficient and effective steps are being followed. Share and employ best practices across locations. Willing to learn other tasks to help provide solid coverage during time of absences.
- The primary challenge is maintaining consistent and accurate costs in the face of constantly changing variables whether internal or external. Timely and accurate cost updates will minimize variances. An understanding of the SAP costing system and Microsoft Office is required to optimize efficiency while ensuring timely and accurate reporting. Increased market demand for product out of Plant City and added complexity on the supply of rollstock heightens the pace and importance of timely and accurate reconciliations.
- Resolving discrepancies and ensuring accurate records requires collaboration with local and other plant operations. It will require clear communication and developing good working relationships with employees at various levels of the organization. The plant controller is also retiring in the coming months so this role will be reporting to a new manager so will be important to be flexible and capable to learn and stay focused with limited guidance.
- The work in this role requires attention to detail and ability and willingness to learn detailed inner workings of SAP, particularly as it impacts inventory and general ledger balances. It will be important to leverage available technology and have a continuous improvement approach to tasks.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required. Bachelor’s Degree or intent to pursue Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in a manufacturing standard cost environment (or similar background in general accounting) and exposure to inventory management and invoicing preferred.
- Solid PC skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Experience working with SAP a plus but not required.
- Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Action and detail oriented with a willingness to learn
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.