Supply Chain Forklift Operator
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
- Move pallets to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, using powered lift, or other equipment.
- Stage pallets, if necessary, before loading.
- Attach identifying tags to pallets or mark them with identifying information.
- Read hot sheets, Bill of Lading BOL or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported to the customer.
- Perform inventory cycle counts.
- Perform Safe Quality Food (SQF) cleaning as required.
- Maintain storage areas to ensure that inventory is easily accounted for.
- Use RF gun to ensure proper product placement and, track inventory.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have 2 year minimum experience (fork and clamp)
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Must be able to see, hear write, communicate, comprehend, grasp, finger, reach squat, and walk.
- Climbing off and on forklift (height of 3 feet) for a minimum of 20 times per day.
- Looking over shoulder to right and left while reversing or driving backwards with product load up to 8 hours in one day.
- Operate right handed operating controls (little pressure required but frequent grabbing of controls
- Sitting on forklift for 8 to 12 hours
- Changing battery (max. 3116lbs) using hoist; may require some upper body control of swinging battery (abdominals and shoulders)
- Looking up to 45 degrees tilting neck back when pulling orders, and putting pallet in racks up to 8 hours in one day.
- Going up and down stairs
- Driving over ramps and dock plates - some jarring to back up to 100 times in a day.
- Restacking pallets of 48lb cases from floor to above shoulder height
- Moving wooded pallets up to 50lbs by hand.
- Sweeping warehouse requires walking 2-3 hours.
- Cleaning outside warehouse requires bending over, sweeping, and picking up debris.
- Going up and down ramps with forklift
- Tagging pallets -placing tickets on pallets , reaching over shoulder height (about 6ft vertical)
- The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bending, squatting, reaching
- Significant walking on concrete floor up to three hours in one day.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.