Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 9/9/2020
Evergreen Packaging Company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic. This role works rotating 8 hour shifts.
- Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for installation and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building. The primary duties of a Maintenance Mechanic include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to budgeted goals.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
- Limited travel may be required
A minimum of four years Industrial Maintenance Technician experience is preferred.
Maintenance Mechanics are required to interact with managers, team members, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- MUST pass Ramsey Mechanical Aptitude Test
- Must have a 2 Year associates mechanical degree or 4 years experience in field…..or
- Must have Journeyman Certification and 1 year experience in field in Millwright, Welding or Pipefitting
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Must have the ability to read sketches and blueprints
- Have the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment
- Ability to align pumps/motor (Straight Edge)
- Demonstrate fabrication skills
- Experience with a Lathe or Milling Machine is a plus
- Must be able to weld metal inert gas (MIG) and stick----tungsten inert gas (TIG) experience preferred
- Have self-initiative and be capable of working without direct supervision
- Have strong desire to learn, develop and adapt to new methods and manners associated with increased maintenance efficiency
- MUST provide your own hand tools
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Be willing and able to work overtime as required to meet company goals
- Be willing and able to work with and share knowledge and skills with others
- Maintain strong working relationship with operations, department maintenance team leaders, and operators, to prevent and predict problems
- Have decision making capabilities which support the facility goals and expectations
Desired qualifications for Maintenance Department:
- · Demonstrate basic computer skills
- · Familiar with mill industrial environment
- · Standing up to 6 hours per 8 hour shift
- · Lifting up to 45-50 lbs frequently
- · Turning while carrying 50 lbs
- · Heavy exertion in awkward postures while performing maintenance
- · Using hand tools and torque wrenches up to 105ft/lbs
- · Lifts from floor to waist, from waist to knees, and from waist to shoulder
- · Pushing a load
- · Squatting working on equipment
- · Kneeling on hard concrete surface
- · Working inside confined , physically small areas
- · Pulling hand pallet jacks
- · Climbing vertical ladders from ground to platform 25 foot
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Evergreen Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Evergreen Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Evergreen Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.