E/I Maintenance Planner
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 9/16/2020
This Ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing, planning, and scheduling electrical maintenance activities in support of safety, production, cost, and availability goals of both the area and the mill reporting to the Area Maintenance Manager.
- Plan for the safe and efficient execution of work orders including safety requirements in the job plan, accurate labor estimates, material cost estimates, and duration of jobs as well as procuring required resources, equipment and materials.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all scheduled shutdowns and long duration outages. This includes parts procurement, job scopes, resource assignments, contract maintenance, etc.
- Update area preventative maintenance recurring work orders in SAP as needed.
- Maintain accurate records for maintenance activities for work order and equipment history
- Manage costs and strive to achieve area availability goals. Provide detailed plans to reduce equipment failures.
- Lead contractors for area projects as assigned.
- Work within a team of production and maintenance personnel to achieve objectives and strategies along with tactical planning.
- Train and lead hourly crews in problem solving activities as needed.
- Fill in for crew foremen as needed. This position is expected to develop supervisory skills and progress towards future crew foremen positions.
- Work on rotating weekend coverage schedule. While on call, this position is expected to be the first responder on weekend coverage for all electrical equipment failures – identify the problem, identify the needed parts and resources, and supervise the needed repairs.
- Provide on call coverage. Work together with the area crew foreman in response to issues that come up outside of normal working hours throughout the week
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
- 3 to 5 years E&I maintenance experience in heavy industry
- B.S. in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
- Planning & scheduling experience preferred.
- Microsoft project experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience in basic maintenance planning and scheduling
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Must be able to troubleshoot maintenance issues associated with common equipment and systems.
- Must be able to read prints and schematics
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.