Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 10/8/2020
Our Storeroom Manager is responsible for all activities of the Storeroom ensuring the availability of materials, parts, and assemblies for planned and unplanned maintenance projects and outages. This position oversees the safe and accurate receipt, storage, and distribution of all parts and supplies for the facility, repair & return inventory, and cycle counts. In addition, the Manager is responsible for inventory cost reduction, working with stakeholders inside and outside of Evergreen, overseeing vendor managed inventory (VMI), and managing consignment inventory. This position is will be a subject matter expert in these areas, and will be expected to collaborate with his/her counterpart in sister paper mill in Pine Bluff, AR for mutual benefit.
This position is accountable for all activities including storeroom metrics, storeroom audits, managing obsolescence, creating part numbers in ERP as needed, and optimizing inventory levels to support mill’s reliability improvement and mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) objectives, while also lowering the cash stuck as non-moving inventory.
- Champion safety compliance and efforts within the storeroom and other areas under your supervision. Ensure the ongoing safety of yourself and team members by making safety the top priority, participating in mill safety programs, and growing and maintaining a culture of safety.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Manage activities related to material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, issue/delivery and receiving of repairable maintenance goods. This includes negotiating pricing for repair and return materials to secure optimal pricing.
- Monitor demand, stocking levels, timely delivery, and receipt of materials to identify opportunities for supply process improvements, cost savings and to ensure availability of material to meet customer requirements.
- Work with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with inventory, procurement, and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
- Manage inventory in accordance with corporate guidelines and mandates including inventory reduction, increasing consignment inventory, etc.
- Perform cost and inventory analysis to reduce inventory costs, maintain equipment reliability and ensure availability of materials. This includes reviewing inventory reports, attending planning meetings, and communicating with stakeholders to determine appropriate inventory levels and priorities.
- Act as liaison between maintenance and procurement on supplier questions, expedites, and delivery coordination.
- Oversee daily reorder report to maintain inventory needs for min/max and demand reliability.
- Lead initiatives and projects designed to improve safety, compliance, effectiveness, and improved efficiencies for the operation of the storeroom. Develop, manage, and meet Storeroom KPIs for continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams at the facility and corporate to implement corporate and facility initiatives.
- Manage handling, security and distribution of incoming/outgoing materials and equipment
- Maintain Stores buildings and assets under supervision.
- Manage consigned, non-consigned, vendor owned or 3rd party inventory.
- Collaborate with mill personnel, category managers, procurement and other stakeholders to accurately create, extend or edit items in the material master.
- Involve in all new capital installations and ensure any required spares are identified and maintained.
- Implement smart inventory tracking technology (e.g. RFID tags, bar codes, etc.) for at least critical and/or high value inventory.
- Work with all internal departments to resolve any MRO related Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) activities.
- Manage warranty and returns with suppliers.
- Manage and review catalogs in Ariba and ensure storeroom prices mirror those in Ariba catalog of the preferred supplier.
- Request quotes for spare parts, tooling, services, etc. from sourced suppliers or OEM; review quotes for accuracy, and negotiate best total cost of ownership (TCO) for the company.
- Manage end-of-life components with contract manufacturers and source alternate supplies in conjunction with engineering approvals.
- Plan and coordinate work, train, motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of your direct reports. Counsel, record, and discipline as necessary; ensure accountability across team.
- Analyze and control expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements; meet departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and analyzing variances.
- Develop positive relationships and maintain rapport with suppliers, driving to continuous-improvement goals of optimal cost, quality, service, availability, and delivery.
- Maintain proactive and helpful outlook with internal stakeholders and suppliers while maintaining and asserting storeroom policies.
- Ensure all statutory, regulatory and internal controls requirements are followed and met in the storeroom process.
- Ensure company-owned vehicles are properly utilized and maintained.
- Ensure all activities are conducted ethically, with integrity.
- Complete any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, advanced degree encouraged.
- APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in store room and materials management role in a manufacturing company with large inventory, or 7 years of experience in leadership role in an MRO distribution company.
Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary.
- Strong leadership skills; understanding of performance management and conflict resolution principles, able to lead others and translate skills through training and mentoring.
- Action and detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment utilizing advanced organization and project management skill and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to manage large datasets.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including being a super user of Excel Spreadsheet.
- In-depth knowledge of materials management and experience with MRP in SAP and/or Oracle ERP system.
- Familiarity with accounting practices as those relate to asset inventories, purchasing, and receiving.
- Experience utilizing SAP Ariba catalogs or other catalog purchasing tools like Vinamaya or ID-Buy Coupa.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
- Excellent negotiation skills, problem solving ability and strategic thinking ability.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of others
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to communicate effectively across all departments
- Strong organizational skills: ability to use discretion, prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.