Mechanical Engineering Technician - Tech Support
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 10/12/2020
Our Ideal Candidate provides technical support by answering customers (internal & external) questions related to Evergreen equipment overall systems. This position reports to Equipment Technical Support & Training Team Manager and works in coordination with Service Central Scheduling to ensure customers receive necessary assistance. Mechanical Engineering Technician (Tech Support) is educated/experienced and trained to troubleshooting and knowledgeable in EPE equipment (legacy & newer models). In addition, on occasion travel to customer sites as needed, to deliver necessary services requested by customers.
- Supporting customers and service technicians in answering questions related to equipment and coordinating various resources (internal & external) in providing necessary information on time.
- Maintaining high-level of customer satisfaction through technical support of installed equipment base (via phone calls, e-mail support, virtual calls/meetings etc.).
- Supporting sales service or repair parts team by providing accurate information, as needed.
- Performing service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved.
- Assisting Service team in development of new training tools, knowledge base & documentation.
- Assisting Service team in development of Technology Initiatives (SmartGlasses or VR Support etc.).
- Meeting corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
These are the skills you will bring:
- Skilled in supporting customers (phone, e-mail, virtual calls/meetings etc.)
- Ability to follow through on commitments that add credibility to the service team.
- Self driven, skilled in time-management and organizational skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a good listener/quick thinker.
- Strong verbal and written communications in English.
- Knowledgeable in industrial mechanical & pneumatic systems.
- Skilled in reading drawings/blue-prints (parts, assembly, electrical cabinet etc.).
- Skilled in reading electrical & pneumatic schematics.
- Hands on experience in building mechanical systems.
- Knowledgeable in using a PDM system and understand equipment BOMs.
- Capable in utilizing/handling/managing non-electronic documentation of legacy equipment (microfiche, blue-prints, trace prints etc.)
Education & Experience:
- 2-year AAS technical degree in relevant field.
- 2-5 years of mechanical systems experience.
- 1-2 years of customer support experience.
- Ability to interface and demonstrate teamwork skills with internal and external associates and customers in all geographical parts of the world.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to assist customers or for training purposes.
- Knowledge of Evergreen equipment or equivalent.
- Experienced in developing training materials or manuals.
- Experienced in creating training videos.
- Technology savvy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.