Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 10/26/2020
The Sealing Manager position leads a group of team members responsible for taking printed blanks, applying heat and pressure to the side seam of the blank, and packaging into a box. The sealing process in the last process in our gable top manufacturing process prior to the customer receiving the finished product. The Sealing Manager is a day shift role responsible for leading a team of employees to achieving safety, quality, waste, throughput, and cost goals.
Our Ideal Sealing Manager, is a leader who has the following skillsets:
- Experience creating and setting a standard of accountability for an injury free work environment.
- Experience following lean principles that results in organized processes, team member involvement, and continuous improvement resulting in delivering production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Technical background with ability to understand the process at a high level
- Ability to train and evaluate employees within our established Certification Guidelines.
- Evaluate equipment to ensure that mechanical deficiencies are reported to maintenance for prompt repair to prevent customer delays and quality problems
- Ability to track inventory of operating supplies specific to Sealing area
- Communicates effectively with employees, peers, and upper management to ensure proper direction of efforts to ensure achievement of required results.
- Verify and approve work hours and pay rates utilizing the timekeeping system
- Track record for resolving employee issues through effective coaching while treating with dignity and respect
- Check work areas for safety hazards, conduct weekly safety meetings with department employees, communicate the status of orders, schedule departmental clean-ups, communicate with Quality Assurance Manager concerning all issues affecting quality
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all requirements of our third party sanitation certification (SQF) are administered and adhered.
- Responsible for housekeeping in the work areas.
- Ability to back up printing team leaders as necessary.
To be successful in this role, you have the following experience:
- 4 year technical degree preferred, but not required depending on experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of food safety requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.