Sr. Manager – Certification (Hourly Skills Based Training Leader)
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 10/27/2020
Evergreen Packaging is looking for a leader who can organize, develop and execute a Certification Program for hourly employees across multiple manufacturing facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience with organizational readiness assessments, strategy development, curriculum planning, resources for technical content, technologies for delivery, and execution. This position will partner with manufacturing leaders and mill teams to apply tools, processes and frameworks that build a high performance, participative work culture, drive continuous improvement, and business results. The position will provide feedback on the progress to the business unit leadership teams on a regular basis. This position will be evaluated through the successful implementation and realization of sustainable results for that scope.
- Design and implement an hourly certification (job qualification) programs across the mills.
- Identify gaps in current processes, technical training material, and technology. Recommend and execute solutions.
- Coordinate with site Leaders and hourly employees in building processes and technical curriculums.
- Partner with Human Resources professionals to drive a learning and development culture, ownership at an individual level and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to developing and enhancing the operations platform through workshops, team meetings, and other communication channels.
- Develop technical materials.
- Identify and implement technology that enables and optimizes learning, ensures appropriate record-keeping and delivers long-term sustainability.
- Conduct governance reviews with identified site leaders and operations leaders on regular basis.
- Manage and measure learning progress across the organization. Develop a system that illuminates applicable information to key stakeholders to drive action.
- Drive continuous improvement within certification processes, recommending course corrections and long-term sustainable results.
Education / Experience / Competencies:
- Academic undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Engineering or Operational equivalent
- Experience in designing and implementing certification/pay for skills program for manufacturing hourly employees
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Pay for Skills Certification Program Development or similar
- Experience in managing through influence. Ability to identify and manage a cross-functional group of geographically distributed leaders across multiple sites
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from an operations leader point of view,
- Expertise in change management
- Strong communication and influence skills and the ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization
- Skilled in training and facilitation
- Broad problem solving abilities
- Time and project management skills
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to create followership, and lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy and can drive change successfully, and constantly challenges others to strive for improvement
- Track record for delivering results with high ownership
- Technical writing ability
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Willingness to travel extensively (approximately 75%)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.