Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 11/3/2020
We are looking for the very best Printing Manager to join our Company. We offer a fast pace environment for the Printing Manager to have a direct impact on safety, quality, and throughput. The Printing Manager fits into a best in class production organizational design that drives safety, equipment reliability, process improvement, process standardization, and next generation initiatives.
- Provide leadership that supports the workplace culture improvement process throughout the workforce and coordinate changes in methods and procedures to improve profitability and operational performance.
- Work “on the process” as well as “in the process” to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, waste, throughput and earnings.
- Use effective leadership to develop entrepreneurial culture across the entire organization.
- Lead and support the Operations Team to ensure high performance in safety, quality, waste, utilization and costs.
- Strategic participation in maximization of equipment throughput, preventative maintenance, equipment rebuilds, and process improvement.
- Promote and support training and certification of all employees to enhance career goals, retention and performance improvement.
What you will need to succeed….
- Technical expert in line art four color Flexo Printing
- Excellent knowledge of Evers Flexo Printing Presses (1960-1968 vintage) or similar.
- Hands on demonstration and practical knowledge transfer of printing press operation.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate the proper practices and procedures for efficient press operation.
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Organized with ability to manage competing priorities
- Problem solving skills
- Drives and delivers results
- Ethical and trustworthy
What we have to offer….
- Comprehensive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, company defined contribution, 401K company match, life Insurance and short term disability.
- Company culture built upon integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- A commitment to sustainability not only in our production processes, but also in our work environment.
- A collaborative and energetic environment.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of web-fed printing technologies
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods and process improvement techniques.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.