Multi-Site Safety & Loss Prevention Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 11/25/2020
We are looking for a key strategic team member who can help us utilize the extraordinary strengths of highly talented Evergreen Packaging associates who support our world-class customers, retailers and eco-conscious consumers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and have demonstrated strong capabilities needed to lead within the maintenance organization. Job Responsibilities Lead the Evergreen facilities to enhance a safety culture of collaboration and injury prevention through integration of safety into the operations. Manage all activities associated with employee health and safety at the Canton, Waynesville and Pioneer facilities. This position is responsible for managing all safety compliance, security, employee health monitoring, chemical and radiological safety, and industrial hygiene activities.
This person will have both salary and hourly direct reports.
- Manage and direct mill-wide safety initiatives to meet overall Mill and/or Corporate safety objectives.
- Manage site specific medical, worker’s compensation and return to work programs
- Manage Emergency Response Teams to ensure certification are maintained
- Manage industrial and loss prevention insurance related programs
- Actively participate in Process Safety Management and Risk Management Plan activities
- Maintain active involvement in Emergency Response or Shut Down activities
- Manage compliance, reporting, auditing and training responsibilities for OSHA / NC DOL Programs
- Ensure all employees are trained and knowledgeable of mill safety procedures and regulations as required.
- Manage training for employee and contractors in safety procedures, protocols and plans
- Manage contract security guards as well as maintain Dept of Homeland Security requirements.
- Conduct Hazard Assessments, JSA, and JHA’s
- Manage Industrial Hygiene Programs
- Actively audit fire suppression systems and ERT programs
- Manage development and issuing of required LMS compliance and other safety training modules to employees to ensure acquired understanding. Generate reports as needed.
- Manage contractor safety qualification within ISN.
- Work with all departments by using manufacturing excellence tools to improve area safety performance (Kaizen, Diagnostic events, Value Stream Mapping, incident investigations, etc.).
- Manage Incident investigations workflow in Gensuite
- Authorize, prepare and ship DOT hazardous material samples.
- Manage the Mill’s Radiation Safety Program.
- Represent the company with regulatory agencies including but not limited to the NCDOL-OSHA, Homeland Security, and others.
- Provide support and leadership in the EHS Department including covering the department on selected weekends and backfilling for the EHS Manager on vacation
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree in a related field preferred OR 15 years of experience in EHS in manufacturing
- CSP, CIH, or other advanced safety credential(s) preferred
- Direct experience with facility security and medical management
- Able to work in a team environment
- Cross trained in various emergency response discipline to include IC level or 24-hour Hazmat
- Experience with Department of Homeland Security and managing a Tier I facility from a security perspective
- Experience managing a radioactive material license for sealed sources and X-Ray devices
- Proficient in the use of information management systems such as ISNetworld, Gensuite, SAP or others
- Direct experience with HIPPA and North Carolina Workers Compensation Laws preferred
- Ability to think ahead and flexibly make adjustments in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to deliver results within scope of responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, facilitation and presentation skills; able to communicate and influence effectively with all levels of management and plant personnel.
- Leadership skills.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methods and processes.
- Able to use problem solving techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CMMS (power user in relevant CMMS preferred).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.