Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The ideal candidate is responsible for shift production, safety, quality, monitoring on-shift training, maintenance coordination, & environmental compliance for the entire power and recovery area including: primary water treatment, boiler water treatment, power boiler, bark boiler, 3 recovery boilers, 2 sets of evaporators, 3 turbine generators, air, water and steam systems, bark handling system. Supervise up to 20 hourly employees per shift.
• Manages hourly employees on achieving daily performance requirements in all power and recovery areas. Manage absenteeism & fill vacancies. Manage vacations & personal holidays. Manage on-shift training. Delegate discipline as needed.
• Responsible for safety systems & performance in all power and recovery areas.
• Responsible for environmental compliance in all power and recovery areas.
• Responsible for production in all power and recovery areas, including minimizing downtime, and communicating issues appropriately.
• Understands the process as described below in Technical Skill section. Uses process knowledge to quickly troubleshoot process as problems occur.
• Works closely with backshift mechanic to prioritize work.
• Manages costs to effectively make sound decisions.
• Manage business using department goals.
Clearly demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening skills to promote a clear expression of ideas in writing using good grammatical form. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others. Effectively communicates not only with hourly employees, but with other areas of the mill, and with pulp mill management. Relay communications from different sources to the hourly employees.
Professionally resolves conflicts/disagreements in such a way to promote a win-win situation with the parties involved. Understands that based on the variety of experiences and values of the work group, differences will arise but is very sensitive to the feelings of others as resolutions are collectively developed.
Genuinely possesses intent to foster the learning and development of work group members while promoting the creation of a high performance team. Able to lead work group toward an objective or goal while encouraging and empowering the work group to make decisions regarding flow of work through specified area. Understands one’s influence on the work group, and provides direction to work group to insure requirements are consistently met for the work area/facility. Motivates work group towards goal achievement by insuring that work group understands how their work fits into the entire production flow of the facility and by providing continuous feedback.
Strongly demonstrates a technical understanding of the power and recovery process. Must include specific knowledge in the following areas: water treatment, both primary and boiler water, steam and power generation; recovery boiler and evaporator operation; solid material handling, bark handing, bark boiler operation; air, water, steam system operation, environmental regulation and monitoring; safety systems and safety performance monitoring; external power and steam grid/system relationships and control.
Ethically develops a positive working environment promoting open and honest communication and trust among work group members. Understands in order to provide continuous feedback to work group members, specific behaviors must be described in detail. Listens with the intent to understand the situation, shows empathy, and can express feelings in a very professional manner without offending work group members. Ensures production standards and policies are adhered to and counsels work group members, in partnership with union leadership, accordingly should deviations exist
Routinely analyzes situations to re-organize parts of problem in different ways, makes systematic comparisons of different problematic aspects and rationalizes time sequences with causal & non-causal relationships in order to generate solutions. Trains and leads work group in problem solving activities.
Collaboratively adapts to and work in a variety of situations to support the competing organizational requirements. Appreciates new and different perspectives and has the willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of Evergreen Packaging.
Effectively forecasts future production/operational demands and to insure a plan of action is developed to support the attainment of organizational goals that involves assessing capabilities, identifying resources, setting and prioritizing objectives, and determining critical paths. Ensures resources are available for work group to produce on-time, quality work.
Minimum of ten years of production experience in a power and recovery area, BA/BS level of education, or other related equivalent work experience with demonstrated leadership skills. Some supervisory experience is preferred which may be reduced if candidate has a degree in either pulp & paper or engineering.
• 5 years of chemical recovery boiler experience preferred
• A demonstrated commitment to safety
• A minimum of 5 years production experience and at least 5 years supervisory experience required
• A college degree in Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science is preferred
• Strong analytical, trouble shooting and decision making skills
• A team player with a positive attitude that will continuously pursue strategies to ensure safety and quality and build rapport with the operating crews. The desire to teach, coach, mentor and promote the success of a dynamic, goal oriented and fast paced environment
• Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
• Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and CMMS programs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team