Mechanic *$1,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 12/18/2020
The Maintenance Mechanic position requires experience and skill in electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical areas, as well as, general facility grounds and equipment. Under direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance mechanic must provide support to production while following all safety procedures and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position requires experience and skill in electrical, hydraulic, mechanical areas, and general facility grounds and equipment.
- Working knowledge of machine tool operations such as; drill press, hose crimper, volt meters, amp meters, thermocouple calibration unit, micrometers, calipers, scales, levels, etc.
- Trouble shoot programmable controllers
- Trouble shoot equipment with pneumatics and hydraulic control
- Installs wiring, make adjustment to & calibrates machines
- Removes, replaces and/or repairs machinery
- Takes work orders out of maintenance system and completes in a timely manner
- Completes or assist in parts requisitions in maintenance system with correct part numbers and vendors
- Insures all safety and LOTO procedures are followed; must follow all safety procedures and requirements.
- Responsible for parts inventory
- Preventative maintenance on equipment and adheres to published standards. Basic PM inspections and properly complete required paperwork.
- Ensure that the supply chain is made aware of their food safety obligations as our partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 Years Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Ramsay Testing (at facility)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.