Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/6/2021
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for leading hourly team members on shift in order to meet the safety, environmental compliance, quality, scrap minimization and productivity, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. This Team Leader position is a preferred precursor to further manufacturing leadership assignments up through and including Plant Manager.
The position has direct responsibility for building, documenting and implementing standard work certification processes and other elements of Work System Enhancements (WSE); has direct and meaningful impact on the systems and frameworks through which our team members work and make business decisions.
This position is also responsible overseeing team member training, enforcing all rules, policies and procedures recommending disciplinary action when required, verifying and approving work hours and pay rates utilizing Kronos timekeeping systems.
**Internal Candidates Only**
1. 3+ years Manufacturing experience
2. Experience in Flexographic or Process Printing preferred
3. Experience in Paper Converting Process preferred
4. A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
5. Results driven and high energy
6. Organizational design, LEAN and Business planning skills
7. Problem solving skills
8. Initiate and manage change
9. Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and team member relations.
10. Must have an intense curiosity in not just manufacturing processes, but also in understanding and action upon the process of people.
11. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
12. Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
13. Strong team player.
14. Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
15. Knowledge of business and management principles.
16. Computer literate.
17. Knowledge of Food Safety Requirements.
18. Ability to interpret and administer the SQF Code.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
1. Must be able to accurately observe, analyze, and assess detailed troubleshooting needs on machinery and various equipment
2. Must be able to communicate and exchange information.
3. Must be able to operate equipment including desktop computers and handheld devices, handle and prepare material, firmly grasp tools and machinery
4. Standing 8-12 hours per shift all day, every day on concrete.
5. Lifting up to 50lbs frequently when loading corrugated all day, every day.
6. Pinch grip strength to lift handfuls of corrugated paper all day, every day.
7. Bending, squatting, stooping, and reaching all day, every day.
8. Making machine adjustments in awkward positions with twisting four to five times a day.
9. Using wrenches to tighten and loosen bolts in awkward postures four to five times a day.
10. Pushing a load once or twice a day.
11. Placing up to 50lbs load to floor level 20 to 45 times a day or as needed.
12. Lifting up to 50lbs load from floor level 5 to 20 times day or as needed.
13. Restacking pallets of 48lbs cases from floor to above shoulder height two to three times day or as needed.
14. Moving wooden pallets four to five times a day.
15. Climbing vertical ladders up to 16 feet from ground to platform 10 to 15 times a day.
16. Crouching for 2-5 min., un-jamming equipment 20 to 30 times a day.
17. Pulling and pushing with force four to five times a day.
18. Pulling hand pallet jacks two and three times a day.
19. Lifting rollers to change belts up to 60lbs in awkward position two to three times a day.
20. The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Video: Join Our Team