Maintenance Mechanic - Starting rate $22.30
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Evergreen Packaging in Athens, GA is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic. Note - All maintenance mechanics must pass a Ramsey and Mechanical Aptitude test. Upon completion, they will receive an additional .75/hr.
- Complies with facility safety requirements by adhering to proper PPE rules by wearing hairnets, ear plugs, gloves, aprons, safety glasses, steel toed safety shoes and any other items required for working safely on the job.
- Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using testing instruments manuals and similar guides using tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, too precision measuring instruments.
- Disassembles defective or to perform preventive maintenance of equipment. Process is reversed once repair/reconditioning is complete. May also involve facility maintenance.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or do not deteriorate.
- Reconditions and replaces parts, bearing, gears, etc. Installs special functional and structural parts as well. This may include facility maintenance (minor carpentry/basic work). Also inspects, operates, and/or tests machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Change oil, lubricants, batteries, checks compressors, power supplies, and conveyors of machinery and equipment, as well as, determines mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts, conveyors, and miscellaneous housing ensuring conformance to factory specifications. Assembles, installs, or pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- May weld and cut parts using mig/arc welding and cutting equipment. Inspect manual drives and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- General housekeeping of maintenance area, which may also include general upkeep of tools and equipment used for repair work including, cleaning or lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Install, diagnose, and monitor various production lines/press equipment. Install equipment to facilitate production, as well as repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 Years Industrial Maintenance Experience
- Georgia Work Ready- Silver or above
- Ramsay Testing (at facility)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.