Production Manager – Converting
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Olmsted Falls, OH
Post Date: 1/27/2021
Our ideal candidate for the production manager role will manage the following:
- Leadership that supports the workplace culture improvement process throughout the workforce and coordinate changes in methods and procedures to improve profitability and operational performance.
- Work “on the process” as well as “in the process” to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, waste, throughput and earnings.
- Manage budgetary spending. Track and control spending for operating supplies and department labor spend. Use effective leadership to develop entrepreneurial culture across the entire organization.
- Lead and support the Converting Team to ensure high performance in safety, quality, waste, utilization and costs.
- Strategic participation in maximization of equipment throughput, preventative maintenance, and process improvement.
- Promote and support training and certification of all employees to enhance career goals, retention and performance improvement.
- Advance Manufacturing Excellence activities/initiatives which will involve lean, changeover reduction and process optimization.
- Experienced in successfully leading in a Union environment, USW preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical related field preferred
- 10 years of experience leading large teams (75 or more associates) as a business unit/operations manager in industrial manufacturing.
- Experience in four color flexo printing, converting and finishing operations preferred
- Ability to lead training initiatives for a specific group of employees to achieve production results.
- Organizational design, LEAN and business planning skills
- Computer literate in operational systems
- Proven leader of salaried direct reports required
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strategic mindset
- Organized with ability to manage competing priorities
- Problem solving skills Drives and delivers results
- Drives vision and purpose
- Customer focused
- Initiate and manage change
- Ethical and trustworthy
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.