Manufacturing Excellence, Business Unit Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 2/3/2021
The Manufacturing Excellence Transformation Leader role develops operational strategies for our large, complex Arkansas mill location. Critical elements of this role will be to optimize equipment capability by building robust systems, processes, frameworks, and talent capabilities. Driving breakthrough results through the deployment of change management philosophies will also be important in this role. Will serve as a key resource in priority strategic studies and projects for the division.
Work Location: Pine Bluff, AR
- Lead the overall implementation of our journey to Operational Excellence at the mill
- Own the strategic development and implementation of Continuous Improvement efforts across Technical and Production personnel
- Own the processes for which we build knowledge, skills, capabilities and competence across the mill by implementing processes and systems that accelerate everyone’s learning curve to enable the workforce to operate the mill more effectively. Identify, prioritize, and coordinate projects across all areas of the mill that will maximize efficiencies and minimize losses. Projects will include identifying strategic opportunities regarding Safety, Environmental, Quality, Delivery, Operations.
- Lead comprehensive annual target-setting processes for equipment efficiency and asset intensity.
- Identify needs and implement centralized, efficient data systems and analysis that support manufacturing excellence objectives.
- Identify gaps in standard work and operating procedures; and develop and implement plans to mitigate risks and close gaps. Lead and coordinate strategic studies and projects crafted to reduce costs, improve performance and quality, and optimize utilization of the entire mill structure.
- Work with departments and functions to identify and execute improvement projects.
- Manage the Quality, Process Engineering and Process Control teams at the mill.
- All other related goals, tasks, and initiatives as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in leading paper mill operations/manufacturing across various functions.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, or Pulp and Paper Science. MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred with good executable knowledge of fundamental Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Functional work experience should minimally include operations management, continuous improvement, industrial engineering, and supply chain/procurement
- Experience in leading teams with success
- Participation in major change initiative(s) in a complex environment. Experience leading large change initiatives is preferred.
- Significant strategical and practical experience in the design and execution of key manufacturing initiatives
- Cross-functional and multi-cultural experience
- Experience of working with all levels from senior management, engineers, operational and maintenance professionals
- Experience in strategic studies of manufacturing options
- Formal Change Management training or certification is preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to lead organization through change
- Results Oriented
- Develops and delivers meaningful plans and agendas
- Systems thinker
- Financial acumen
- Effective communicator across all levels of the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.