Maintenance Electrician and Instrument Technician (E/I)
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 2/5/2021
Evergreen Packaging is conducting pre-screening for Electrician and Instrumentation (E/I) jobs located in the Canton Mill. The positions can be based in a variety of locations within the mill based on the current openings the Company has. This position is located in Canton North Carolina.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings in accordance with NEC.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wire and cables.
- Diagnose and repair faulty electrical components on machine such as relays, switches, AC/DC motors, positions sensing devices, AC/DC Drives, printed circuit boards and PLC components and discusses diagnosis with supervision.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment as necessary.
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 50lbs.
- Willing and able to work at heights and/or in confined spaces.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, and climbing for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
- Willing and able to work up to a twelve (12) hour shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary.
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot process control issues on equipment as necessary.
- Diagnose, calibrate and replace process control equipment including flow meters, temperature probes, control valves, level indication etc.
- Willing and able to work as an individual contributor and in a team environment.
Required Special Knowledge Skills:
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment Entry Level E/I test.
- Two-year degree in electrical-related field or verifiable journeyman certification as an electrician OR high school diploma or GED & 5 years experience in manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Must be willing to attend on and offsite training courses.
Preferred Experience in:
- Have a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Have a working knowledge of distributed control systems (DCS).
- Experience in the Industrial Electrical field.
- Understand control strategies and their impact on the manufacturing process.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.